Fostering Community: Mentorship, Sponsorship and the Role of the Mentee
Session 3 of the DEI Fostering Community Workshop series.
About the event
Mentorship is a relationship between two people where an individual with more experience can pass along knowledge, skills and what they have learned through their career to a junior colleague within a certain industry. What does the mentee need to do in their preparedness to engage in the mentor/mentee relationship?
Sponsorship is a relationship between a protégé and an individual who has influence in the protégé’s career development and advancement.
Come and join in this interactive session as we:
- Learn about the dynamics of these critical roles and relationships in the professional and personal lives of individuals.
- Explore the core competencies required to be an effective mentor and sponsor to maximize the relationship with diverse talent/mentees.
- Identify the expectations of mentees
- Build a personalized model of competencies for your next mentorship, sponsorship, and mentee relationship
Guiding principles for this session:
- Limit distractions
- Have your camera on
- Be ready to engage with other participants
- Have fun!
This series is filling up quickly. Be sure to register early to avoid being shut out of this dynamic and transformative opportunity!
Upcoming Fostering Community Workshop Series sessions:
Psychological Safety in Different Work Environments: 2/9/23, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
Diversity Matters: Moving Beyond ADA Compliance: 5/11/23, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
Mentorship, Sponsorship, and the Role of the Mentee: 9/14/23, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
Fostering Belonging: 11/16/23, 12:00 pm -1:00 pm CT
Virtual Meeting URL
Click the "Add to Calendar" link post-registration to immediately receive the Zoom link.